Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino hosted a 25th anniversary event at VooDoo Rooftop Nightclub with cake, champagne and headliners
LAS VEGAS (Jan. 15, 2015) – Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino celebrated its silver anniversary with a festive reception yesterday overlooking the Las Vegas skyline at VooDoo Rooftop Nightclub, complete with a giant cake modeled after the iconic red and blue hotel, champagne, headliners Penn & Teller, Chippendales dancers and a newly-crowned Rio Rita.
“The Rio has been an iconic figure in Las Vegas now for 25 years,” said General Manager Dan Walsh. “What has really made this place special over the years has been our impressive amenities; our restaurants; our employees—we have 75 day one employees; and our entertainers, Penn & Teller have been with us for 14 years and Chippendales for 13 years. We couldn’t be more proud of the team we have assembled; this team has created the loyalty we have from our out-of-town visitors and local guests. The Rio remains one of the most popular properties in town and I am proud to be a part of it.”
Picking up where Walsh left off, Penn Jillette led a toast by saying, “We did our first show in Las Vegas 22 years ago tonight, and we played a lot of dumps until we got to the Rio in 2001, where we now have continued to perform in the conveniently named Penn & Teller Theater for the past 14 years and we hope to do at least 14 more if they’ll have us. Here’s to my favorite hotel in town, the Rio!”
Anniversary celebrations will continue throughout the hotel and casino, and include:
- A $25,000 slot tournament on Saturday, Jan. 17 free for all Total Rewards members, registration begins at 10 a.m. with the tournament starting at 1 p.m.
- Free admission for the public to VooDoo Rooftop Nightclub on Saturday, Jan. 17 with $25 Witch Doctor drink specials.
- Throughout the month of January, silver anniversary beads will be distributed to guests at various locations in the casino.
- Throughout the year, each restaurant will feature its own unique spin on the classic margarita, served in a souvenir 25th anniversary glass for $25 or $30.
- Hash House A Go Go—Strawberry Lemonade Margarita
- Carnival World Buffet – Lime and Strawberry Margarita
- Village Seafood Buffet – Strawberry, Mango, or Lime Margarita
- Buzio’s – Mango Margarita
- VooDoo Steakhouse- VooDoo Rita
- Martorano’s- Sparkling Italian Margarita
- All-American Bar & Grill, Race and Sports, Village Bar, Masquerade Bar, and iBar-Lime Margarita on the rocks with Cuervo Silver
Locals will receive 25% off at casino restaurants and bars throughout the entire year with a Total Rewards card. Participating restaurants include: Carnival World Buffet, Village Seafood Buffet, Martorano’s, Buzios and more. Offer not valid at Hash House A Go Go.